Sunday, September 9, 2007


This a blog of Blobby McBlob, or what we use to affectionately call our baby (much to the dismay of my mother). However soon after this picture was passed around it was brought to my wife's attention that our child now looked more like a turtle than a blob.
You know kids, they grow up so fast. From an unidentifiable mass to a reptile in just a few weeks. Somehow though my wife finds this more offensive. I'm not sure how a turtle ranks lower than a blob, but somehow it does. Maybe it's that we did not coin this nickname.
None the less this is not the now chosen nickname for the genderless thing growing inside my wife. He/she will now be referred to as Jiggs. This is because she recently learned that this is what her grandmother referred to her as when she was in utero.
All of which is fine with me. We could call it Batman or Snuffleupagus, as long as none of these names appear on the birth certificate I don't care. My only contention is that when I hear then name Jiggs I think of an old Steven Wright joke, which I would recite here, however as previously mentioned I am lazy. That and I think I could not do the joke justice, so I will therefore post it on my podcast. http://soundfromtheghetto.podcastpeople.com. Please go there and check it out, those of you who have let your student loans come due will find it especially funny.

1 comment:

Historychic said...

My Mom said that the Jiggs looks like a frog much to my dismay.